What can my child and family expect in therapy?
It is common for individuals and families to feel nervous before a first session or have questions about what will happen in therapy. Here are some of the things you can expect when visiting my practice:
- Therapy sessions are 50-minutes long
- You will be treated with respect, compassion and without judgment
- We will meet in a safe and confidential space
- If your young child is attending individual sessions, you can expect to meet with me privately to discuss the child’s progress and themes in session as well as join the last 10-15 minutes of the session on occasion
- We will work together at your own pace to create therapy goals that are attainable, reasonable, and measurable
- I may give you or your child some exercises or activities to complete between sessions
A therapy session is about starting where you, your child and family are at. Whether it is a one-time conversation, a temporary source of support during a life transition, or an ongoing experience to optimize health physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.