What can my child and family expect in therapy?
It is common for individuals and families to feel nervous before a first session or have questions about what will happen in therapy. Here are some of the things you can expect when visiting my practice:
- Therapy sessions are 50 minutes long
- You will be treated with respect, compassion and without judgment
- We will meet in a safe and confidential space
- If your young child is attending individual sessions, you can expect to meet with me privately to discuss your child’s progress and themes in session on a regular or as needed basis
- We will work together at your own pace to create therapy goals that are attainable, reasonable, and measurable
- If recommended, I will provided you and/or your child exercises to complete between sessions
A therapy session is about starting where you, your child and family are at. Whether it is a one-time conversation, a temporary source of support during a life transition, or an ongoing experience to optimize health physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.